NIWM Saturday Tours
Every Saturday from 12pm-4pm – FREE tours every half hour
We are delighted to open our doors and welcome you back to the museum.
While your visit may be a little different, we are looking forward to welcoming you back and sharing stories about the Second World War with you.
We have been awarded the ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard mark, certifying that we have made our museum safe for you and our staff. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
There is no need to pre book for a visit Monday – Friday 10am to 4pm, but staff will be limiting the number of visitors to the museum at any one time and asking that all visitors wear face coverings.
We know that it’s difficult for schools to visit us at the moment, and we appreciate that families are continuing to learn together at home. For that reason, we’re pleased to announce that from Saturday 5th September we will open every Saturday from 12.00pm – 4.00pm and offer FREE family tours every half hour. These tours must be booked through Eventbrite and can accommodate up to 10 people in any one family group.
Learn more about how Northern Ireland was affected by and contributed to the Second World War in our family friendly tour which will include lots of information about air raid precautions, rationing, evacuation, the Belfast Blitz and the arrival of thousands of American GIs in Northern Ireland. We know you love creating with us, so we will be providing wartime crafts to go for kids.
Monday – Friday: 10am to 4pm.
Saturday: 12pm – 4pm *
*Booking is essential on a Saturday visit.
** Book your Saturday tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/niwm-saturday-opening-tickets-116937113053 **
How to book on a Saturday visit:
- Choose a 30 minute slot for the date and time you want to visit.
- Tickets are available for 1 family per slot, with a maximum of 10 family members per slot.
- You can book a ticket up to 1 hour before visiting.
- Tickets are for your use only and are not for resale.
- Eventbrite will send you a booking confirmation by email. You do not need to print your email confirmation or ticket information.
When you arrive:
- Please have your booking details handy to show staff, either by telling us your details or showing your email confirmation.
- Please arrive within your pre-booked time slot. We will welcome guests into the gallery anytime within their pre-booked slot but will ask you to leave on time at the end of the slot to accommodate other visitors.
- If you arrive late to your booking, we cannot guarantee admission.
During your visit:
- We will be operating a one-way system. Please look out for signage around the gallery.
- Some interactive displays will be temporarily closed for your safety, we ask that you try to keep contact to a minimum as you make your way around the gallery.
- To keep everyone safe, we are asking that you wear a face covering and follow social distancing when you visit. Please do not visit the museum if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of coronavirus.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Wash your hands often.
- Collect coughs and sneezes in a tissue and dispose of it in the bin provided.
We look forward to welcoming you into the museum!