#NationalDrawingDay – NIWM Competition
As we spend the day at home with our families, we wanted to bring the joy of drawing to you as we ‘Go Big & Stay Home’ this Drawing Day. We hope these activities encourage you to explore your creativity and individuality.
We are excited to start the day, with not ONE but TWO competitions!
Competition ONE: Poster Making Competition
Head to our YouTube Channel and watch our ‘How to make your own Dig for Victory Poster’ video with local artist Hannah Ferguson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw3uerR_2EA&t=31s. Use the skills you learn in the video to make your own poster and share a photograph of your finished piece with us for a chance at winning a prize.
Competition TWO: Colouring Competition
Visit our website and download one of our Colouring Pages. Get colouring and share a photograph of your finished piece with us for a chance at winning a prize.
The best Dig for Victory Poster and NIWM Colouring-in will win a year’s worth of confectionery, based on Second World War rations of 2 oz. per week (6 lb. 8 oz.).
Both competitions are open to children up to the age of 12 years old.
To enter, you can:
- Post a picture in the comment section of the original competition post
- Tag us using @NIWarMemorialMuseum on Facebook or @niwarmemorial on Instagram
- Or email us at: email@example.com
Please include your name and age.
The terms and conditions can be found below.
The closing date for entries is 12pm on Saturday 23rd March and the winners will be announced later that afternoon.
Good Luck – We can’t wait to see your wonderful artwork!
Terms and Conditions:
By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions set out by the Northern Ireland War Memorial Museum.
The competition mentioned above is run solely by the Northern Ireland War Memorial Museum. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- The competition is open to children up to the age of 12 years old.
- The prize is a year’s worth of confectionery, based on Second World War rations of 2 oz. per week. This equals 6 lb. 8 oz. of confectionery in total.
- The winner of each competition will be announced on Facebook and Instagram on Saturday 23rd May 2020.
- By entering this competition we assume your permission for us to share the photograph of your artwork online to promote the project.
- The winner will be consulted on their choice of sweets.
- The Northern Ireland War Memorial Museum will contact the winners to arrange postage of the prize in the week commencing 25th May 2020.
- To enter, participants need to comment underneath the original competition post, tag the Northern Ireland War Memorial online on either Facebook or Instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture of their artwork. They may also watch the ‘How to make a Dig for Victory Poster’ video and download learning resources from www.niwarmemorial.org.
- The competition will run (“Start and End”) from Saturday 16th May 2020 (“Start Date”) to 12pm on Saturday 23rd May 2020 (“Closing Date”).
- If the winner does not respond by 10am on Saturday 30th May then the winner forfeits the right to claim the price and another winner may be drawn.
- There are no alternatives to the stated prize.
- The Northern Ireland War Memorial reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this competition at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.