Speed That Spitfire – European Heritage Open Day at the Northern Ireland War Memorial
Saturday 8th September 2018
10:30am to 4pm
Come along to the Northern Ireland War Memorial’s Speed That Spitfire event to learn about the RAF during the Second World War.
- Climb inside the cockpit of a full-size replica Spitfire from the Ulster Aviation Society which will be parked outside the museum
- Explore the aircraft and imagine what it would have been like to fly a Spitfire during the Second World War
- Dress up in real RAF and WAAF uniforms and have your photograph taken with green-screen technology that will transfer your image onto a Second World War background, creating a high quality souvenir photograph to take home.
- Take part in craft activities suitable for all ages
- Listen to wartime music and view our exhibition about the Home Front during the Second World War
Read about this and other RAF 100 events at: https://www.raf.mod.uk/raf100/whats-on/speed-that-spitfire/
Follow us on Facebook @NIWarMemorialMuseum
Northern Ireland War Memorial
21 Talbot Street