Tours, talks and workshops for community groups
The museum offers guided tours, talks and workshops for community groups. A guided tour of the museum will highlight objects in the collection relating to Air Raid Precautions, industry, the Ulster Home Guard, the Belfast Blitz and the presence of US Forces in Northern Ireland during the Second World War. Tours can be complemented with a short film highlighting specific areas of study such as;
- The Home Front and the Belfast Blitz
- Rationing, austerity and Make do and Mend
- News Reel footage of Northern Ireland during the Second World War
- The American Presence in Ulster 1942-1944
- The Home Guard in Northern Ireland
- Coloured cine film footage showing various aspects of life in Northern Ireland during the Second World War
Visits usually last one hour and can be adapted to suit the needs of the group.
Tea and coffee can be provided.
We offer a specially tailored tour for partially sighted groups.
All NIWM staff have completed Dementia Awareness training with the Alzheimer’s Society.
Why not add a walking tour to your visit?
Belfast Blitz Walking Tours
Visit the museum for a 30-minute tour followed by a 30-minute guided walking tour of the Cathedral Quarter along streets which were destroyed in the Belfast Blitz (Donegall Street, York Street, North Street, Bridge Street, High Street and Waring Street).
Download our Blitz Walking Tour map using the download button below. This map is provided to participants during the Walking Tour.
For more details or to book a visit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 9032 0392
Please note that a minimum of 5 people are required to book a walking tour.
Dementia Friendly Workshops
The museum offers a range of dementia friendly activities:
- Reminiscence object handling session based on childhood in the 1940s
- Sing for Victory sing-along workshops with Music Therapist Karen Diamond
- Craft workshops
For more details or to book a visit please contact email@example.com
Group visits usually last one hour and are FREE of cost.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 9032 0392